PEDI661UM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Gastroenterology/Nutrition
- Short Name: PEDI661UM.11 Pedi GI/Nutrition
- Course Number: PEDI661UM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Rebecca Scherr, M.D.
- Rabea Alhosh, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student will gain an understanding of diagnosis and evaluation of common pediatric gastroenterology/nutrition problems.
Description of Rotation
Students will have patient contact in outpatient GI clinic, inpatient consults, and procedures. Knowledge of Pediatric GI will also be obtained through relevant didactic lectures and reading.
Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease by Walker, et al.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives