Pediatric Critical Care
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Critical Care
- Short Name: PEDI661VM.01 Pedi Critical Care
- Course Number: PEDI661VM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Kris Deeter, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
Description of Rotation
This course will acquaint the student with the pediatric care of intensive care patients, their diagnoses and management. Students will round with team daily and will be expected to primarily follow 2-3 patients daily. The call schedule will be arranged with the individual student. Learning and performing procedures will depend on availability of patients, motivation of the student, and rapport with the attending staff. Attention will be given to computer-based literature searches and formulation of a case report for publication.
Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Zimmerman (Available from Dr. Deeter).
Standard pediatric elective evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives