PEDI661VM.11 (Las Vegas)
Pediatric Critical Care
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Critical Care
- Short Name: PEDI661VM.11 Pedi Critical Care
- Course Number: PEDI661VM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4Weeks
- Preceptor: Meena Vohra, M.D. and Associates
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To be able to recognize a seriously ill pediatric patient and begin treatment to stabilize their condition.
- Assessment and treatment of common pediatric problems seen in the PICU.
- To be able to present complex patients in a systematic organ system approach and recognize changes in a patient's condition.
Description of Rotation
Students will be on call for admissions and consultations in the PICU. Students will be expected to make an initial assessment with a differential diagnosis and develop a diagnostic and therapeutic plan. Daily morning rounds at 9:00 A.M. Lectures will be provided by attendings on several topics during the rotation.
- Fuhrman's Pediatric Critical Care
- Rogers Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care
The standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form will be utilized.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives