PEDI661WM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Nephrology
- Short Name: PEDI661WM.11 Pedi Nephrology
- Course Number: PEDI661WM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Michael Aigbe, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of the common disorders referred for pediatric nephrology evaluation, including the laboratory methods utilized in diagnosis and management.
Description of Rotation
The student will be expected to perform an initial evaluation of patients, both in an in-patient and out-patient setting. Discussion of the common disorder with the attending physician will include the generic approach to evaluation of patients with hematuria, proteinuria, acute and chronic renal failures and urinary tract infections.
F. Llach, Clinical Nephrology. Little Brown Publishing.
Subjective based on assessment.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives