Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Inpatient
- Short Name: PEDI662AM.01 Pedi Inpatient
- Course Number: PEDI662AM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Drake Paul, M.D.
- David Petersen, M.D.
- Shannon Michelson, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
- To gain exposure in the inpatient management of acutely ill patients with refining of history, physical examination and oral presentation skills.
Description of Rotation
The student will evaluate newly admitted patients, performing the initial history and physical
examination, developing a differential diagnosis, evaluation and management plan and appropriately recording the information. Daily notes will be reviewed with the resident and attending and oral presentation performed. Required reading and literature searches and reviews are expected.
Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics.
Zaoutis - Comprehensive Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Swift - Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Standard pediatric elective evaluation.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives