PEDI662AM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Inpatient
- Short Name: PEDI662AM.11 Pedi Inpatient
- Course Number: PEDI662AM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Shawn Rowles, M.D. and Associates
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain exposure in the inpatient management of acutely ill patients with refining of history, physical examination and oral presentation skills.
Description of Rotation
The student will evaluate newly admitted patients, performing the initial history and physical
examination, developing a differential diagnosis, evaluation and management plan and appropriately recording the information. Daily notes will be reviewed with the resident and attending and oral presentation performed. Required reading and literature searches and reviews are expected.
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- COMSEP 4th Year Curriculum
Subjective, using the standard evaluation plan.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives