PEDI662CM.11 (Las Vegas)
Pediatric Infectious Disease
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Short Name: PEDI662CM.11 Pedi Infectious Disease
- Course Number: PEDI662CM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Virginia Slywka
- Phone: (702) 671-2231
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: David DiJohn, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- To gain an understanding of the principles of infectious disease processes and their treatment as it applies to infants and children.
Description of Rotation
The student will participate in the care of patients with infectious disease problems in both an outpatient and inpatient environment. The student will obtain experience in evaluating and managing patients with common pediatric infectious problems. Formal reading assignments will be required as well as attendance at selected lectures and seminars.
- Krugman's Infectious Diseases of Children. Katz, Gershon, Hotez. Mosby Publishing.
- Red Book. Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. American Academy of Pediatrics.
Subjective, using the standard evaluation form. Oral presentation required.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives