Independent Study in Pediatrics
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Independent Study in Pediatrics
- Short Name: PEDI690M.01 Indp Study Pediatrics
- Course Number: PEDI690M.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Pediatrics
Department Contact: Ginger Fenwick
- Phone: (775) 784-6170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Non-Clinical
- Length: 4 or 8 Weeks
- Dual Degree: MPH
- Preceptor: Department Faculty
Please contact the Department of Pediatrics to verify elective availability.
- To provide the student an opportunity to do an in-depth study or research project involving issues in pediatrics
Description of Rotation
Student develops his/her own research program with the assistance of a faculty member in the Department of Pediatrics. The student can elect to do an in-depth review of one specific topic, develop a chart audit regarding a specific pediatric problem, or become involved in clinical research with one or more members of the School of Medicine.
Standard pediatric clerkship evaluation form.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives