Independent Study in Surgery
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Independent Study in Surgery
- Short Name: SURG 690N.01 Indp Study Surgery
- Course Number: SURG690N.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Office of Medical Education: Reno
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7714
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Non-Clinical
- Length: 2 – 8 weeks
- Preceptor: Gary Shen, M.D.
Please contact the Office of Medical Education: Reno to verify elective availability.
- Choose within several options within this flexible elective: Mastery of a specific topic in surgery which exceeds the knowledge gained from required rotations expected.
Description of Rotation
Intensive study of a special problem related to surgery, which may include clinical or basic science
research project. A written summary of the topic or a paper reporting research results must be submitted at the end of the course. Please contact Dr. Kuhls for a listing of possible research preceptors.
To be determined by the faculty preceptor based upon the topic chosen for study.
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives