Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Anesthesiology
- Short Name: SURG661BM.01 Anesthesiology
- Course Number: SURG661BM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7713
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 weeks
- Associated Anesthesiologists of Reno
- Sierra Anesthesia
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- understand the signs and symptoms of various diseases including trauma;
- the methods of diagnosis;
- the management of these problems in the operating room and postoperatively;
- and the basic scientific background relative to the clinical features of these illnesses.
Description of Rotation
The student will participate in the pre-operative evaluation of patients, intra-operative management and initial post-operative care. Appropriate participation in procedures will be determined on a case to case basis.
Yao and Artusio: Anesthesiology. Lippincott.
Oral Final Examination and written evaluation by faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives