SURG661BM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Anesthesiology
- Short Name: SURG661BM.11 Anesthesiology
- Course Number: SURG661BM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 weeks
- Preceptor: Department Faculty
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- Evaluation and management of the cardiovascular, respiratory and central Nervous systems of an unconscious patient;
- Application of basic sciences to make clinical judgments
- Communication with other physicians and health care personnel;
- Understanding of how the perioperative period of care differs from other clinical situations.
Description of Rotation
The student will participate in the pre-operative evaluation of patients; intra-operative management
and initial post-operative care. Appropriate participation in procedures will be determined on a case to case basis.
Longnesher, Tinker and Morgan: Principles and Practice of Anesthesiology. Saunders.
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives