SURG661CM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Burn Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661CM.11 Burn Surgery
- Course Number: SURG661CM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 weeks
- Preceptor: Richard Baynosa, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student should learn the principles of resuscitation, debridement, skin grafting, splinting and physical and occupational therapy, as well as the social and psychiatric implications of burn injury.
Description of Rotation
The student functions as a sub-intern on the Burn Care Unit at the University Medical Center with first- line participation in the resuscitation, acute care, and post reconstructive care of the burn patient. Students will be on home call at all times in all service functions.
Grabb and Smith's Plastic Surgery. Lippincott.
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives