SURG661GM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Neurosurgery
- Short Name: SURG661GM.11 Neurosurgery
- Course Number: SURG661GM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 weeks
- Preceptor: Department Faculty
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- understand the signs and symptoms of disease and trauma;
- the methods that are useful in diagnosis;
- the management of these problems in the operating room and on the hospital ward;
- and the basic scientific background relative to the clinical features of these illnesses.
Description of Rotation
The student will be an active participant in the pre-operative evaluation; both the surgical procedure
and post-operative care of the patients. The patient interaction will include an office setting and the hospital.
Kaye. Essential Neurosurgery. Saunders
An oral examination and a written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives