SURG661HM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Ophthalmology
- Short Name: SURG661HM.11 Ophthalmology
- Course Number: SURG661HM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 Weeks Only
- Marietta Nelson, M.D.
- Gregory Hsu, D.O.
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- understand the signs and symptoms of disease and trauma;
- the methods that are useful in diagnosis;
- the management of these problems in the operating room and on the hospital ward;
- and the basic scientific background relative to the clinical features of these illnesses.
Description of Rotation
The student will participate in both hospital and outpatient evaluations, examinations and procedures.
Newell. Ophthalmology: Principles and Concepts. Saunders.
An oral final examination and a written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives