Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Orthopedic Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661JM.01 Orthopedic Surg
- Course Number: SURG661JM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7713
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Eric Boyden, M.D. Peter
- Althausen, M.D.
- Gregory Lundeen, M.D.
- John Zebrack, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- history, physical examination, radiographic and other studies;
- they will learn the general approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal ailments and injuries both with non-surgical and surgical methods and understand the scientific basis behind the treatments.
Description of Rotation
They will also be exposed to care of the orthopedic patient both in surgery and postoperatively in the hospital. The student will evaluate patients in an outpatient setting, the emergency room and the hospital. They will be active participants in the operative repair of orthopedic disorders.
Principles of Surgery. McGraw Hill
Written evaluation by faculty preceptor and the student will give one short presentation on a topic of their interest.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives