SURG661JM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Orthopedic Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661JM.11 Orthopedic Surg
- Course Number: SURG661JM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Mark Sylvain, M.D.
- Richard Wulff, M.D.
- Michal Daubs, M.D.
- Vilas Saldana, M.D.
- Brock Wentz, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student will learn the fundamentals of evaluation of the musculoskeletal system. This will include history, physical examination, radiographic and other studies.
- They will learn the general approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal ailments and injuries both with non-surgical and surgical methods and understand the scientific basis behind the treatments.
Description of Rotation
The student will evaluate patients in an outpatient setting, the emergency room and the hospital. They will be active participants in the conservative and operative treatment of orthopedic disorders.
Schwartz. Principles of Surgery. McGraw Hill
An oral final examination and a written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives