Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Otorhinolaryngology
- Short Name: SURG661KM.01 Otorhinolaryngology
- Course Number: SURG661KM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7713
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 – 4 weeks
- Anthony C. Zamboni, M.D.
- Courtney Garrett, M.D. (Pediatric ENT)
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- This course focuses on general principles of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. Anatomy and pathophysiology are stressed in this rotation.
Description of Rotation
The majority of the course will be office-based evaluations learning the basic techniques of an otorhinolaryngeal examination. There will also be participation in both the operating room and the hospital care of patients.
Schwartz. Principles of Surgery. McGraw Hill
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives