Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Plastic Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661MM.01 Plastic Surgery
- Course Number: SURG661MM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7714
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 weeks
- James Murphy, M.D. (4 weeks)
- Patrick Murphy, M.D. (2-4 week)
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student will master the fundamentals of suturing, wound management and the science of wound healing.
- Apply the pathophysiology of various clinical conditions to patients seen by a plastic surgery practice.
Description of Rotation
The student will actively participate in office evaluations of patients. This will include both pre- and post-operative examinations. The operative experience will include procedures done on an outpatient and inpatient basis.
Grabb and Smith's Plastic Surgery. Lippincott.
An oral examination and a written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives