SURG661MM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Plastic Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661MM.11 Plastic Surgery
- Course Number: SURG661MM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Richard Baynosa, M.D. and Plastic Surgery Faculty
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The student will master the fundamentals of suturing, wound management, cranial facial and hand surgical principles, as well as the science of wound healing.
- Apply the pathophysiology of various clinical conditions to patients seen in adult and pediatric plastic surgery patients.
Description of Rotation
The student will actively participate in office evaluations of patients. This will include both pre- and post-operative examinations. The operative experience will include procedures done on an outpatient and inpatient basis.
Grabb and Smith's Plastic Surgery. Lippincott.
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives