Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Urology
- Short Name: SURG661RM.01 Urology
- Course Number: SURG661RM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7713
- Email: email@example.com
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 Weeks
- Preceptor: Urology Nevada
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- Master the fundamentals of urology with emphasis on diagnostic techniques, pathophysiology of disease and patient evaluations.
Description of Rotation
The student will be exposed to the techniques of office based evaluation of the patient. Additional expertise will be gained from the hospital care of patients with active participation in the operating room.
Schwartz. Principles of Surgery. McGraw Hill.
An oral examination and a written evaluation by the faculty preceptor.
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives