SURG661SM.11 (Las Vegas)
Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Thoracic Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661SM.11 Thoracic Surg
- Course Number: SURG661SM.11
- Location: Las Vegas
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Tina Brechlin
- Phone: (702) 671-6474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2 - 4 Weeks
- Preceptor: Quynh Feikes, M.D.
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- The emphasis is on mastery of basic medical and surgical skills related to care of thoracic surgery patients.
Description of Rotation
The student will be involved in the diagnosis, preoperative perioperative, and postoperative care of patients with diseases of the lung, esophagus, chest wall, mediastinum, and intrathoracic vasculature. Cardiac dysrhythmias, pacemaker implantation, and associated critical care are addressed as well.
- Thoracic Surgery by F. Griffith Perason, Joel D. Cooper, Jean Deslauriers, Robert J. Ginsberg, Clement A. Heibert, G. Alexander Patterson, Harold C. Urshel
- General Thoracic Surgery by Thomas W. Shields, et al (Hardcover - October 30, 2004)
- Felson's Principles of chest Roentgenology: A Programmed Test by Lawrence R. Goodman, Benjamin Felson (Paperback - March 15, 1999)
- Cardiac Pacing and ICDs by Kenneth A. Ellenbogen, Mark A. Wood (Paperback - April 15, 2001)
- Esophageal Surgery by F. Griffith Pearson, et al (Hardcover - February 1, 2002)
- Sabiston & Spencer Surgery Of The Chest by Frank Sellke, et al (Hardcover - December 10, 2004)
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives