Office of Medical Education
- Course Name: Vascular Surgery
- Short Name: SURG661WM.01 Vascular Surgery
- Course Number: SURG661WM.01
- Location: Reno
- Department: Department of Surgery: Las Vegas
Department Contact: Jennifer Grove
- Phone: (775) 682-7714
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Clinical
- Length: 2-4 Weeks
- John Ryan, M.D.
- VA Medical Center
Please contact the Department of Surgery: Las Vegas to verify elective availability.
- Upon completion of this course, the student should have an understanding of the principles of vascular surgery which include specific testing and indications for surgery and its role in the overall care of vascular surgery patients.
Description of Rotation
The student will participate in all aspects of patient's care: pre-operation evaluation including vascular studies, intra-operative repair and post-operative care. The student will follow specific patients with appropriate history and physical exams and daily notes. The student will be an active participant in the operating room.
Rutherford, Vascular Surgery. Winders.
Written evaluation by the faculty preceptor
- Honors: An exceptional performance which exceeds all course objectives
- High Pass: A performance which exceeds most course objectives
- Pass: A performance which meets the course objectives
- Fail: A performance which does not meet the course objectives