Academic Learning Center
Department of Student Affairs
The School of Medicine provides academic resources for all medical students to aid in the transition from undergraduate to medical education. For more information contact the Learning Specialist and Coordinator, Ranna Nash, M.A. (775) 682-8355.
The Reno Center is located behind the student health center in trailer Annex 117. Through the academic learning center students can access:
- Medical Student Bridge Program (MSBP) information
- One on One study plan creation and guidance
- Teaching in Medical Education Concentration mentoring
- Wacom video creation stations
- Supplemental instruction for medical school classes in years 1 and 2.
- Supplemental instruction for Year 3 clerkship including Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics.
- Tutoring for medical and undergraduate students.
- Board review prep for second year students
- Resources for Year 3 NBME subject exam
- Resources for Step 2
- Study area
- Information on the remediation program
Las Vegas Campus
Years 3 and 4 students in Las Vegas can access services as needed at the main administrative building for the School of Medicine, 1701 West Charleston, Suite 504.
Supplemental instruction for medical students in Year 3 clerkship:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Resources for NBME subject exams
- Resources for Step 2 preparation