Professional Organizations for Med Students
Department of Student Affairs
The School of Medicine supports student participation in national medical organizations. Funding support may be available for travel to meetings, conferences, etc.; please see Support for Student Travel. These national organizations provide forums for addressing the educational, social and political concerns of medical students.
- Association of American Medical Colleges-OSR (AAMC)
- American Geriatrics Society Student Chapter (AGSSC)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA)
- Catholic Medical Student Association
- Christian Medical & Dental Society
- Latin American Medical Student Association (LAMSA)
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
To join a local chapter email Jodi Shpargel.