Third Thursday of each month | 12:15–1 pm
In this clinic, you will interact with an infectious disease physician and clinical pharmacologists specializing in infectious diseases. This clinic focuses on two different goals: the first is to help you manage your infectious disease patients, and the second is to provide evidence-based antibiotic stewardship through optimizing antibiotic usage thus reducing resistance and improving pharmacy bottom line.
Dr. Krasner enjoys being able to help with any patients or questions you may have! Please feel free to contact him at (775) 830-5770 or firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you'd like to ask.
We also invite you to visit the Nevada Antimicrobial Stewardship Program website to learn more about their work to support antibiotic stewardship in Nevada.
- Charles Krasner, M.D. Dr. Krasner is an internist and infectious disease specialist with clinical specialty in all aspects of HIV and AIDS care including infections and anti-retroviral drug resistance. He also treats patients with Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, staph aureus, tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, and other challenging infectious diseases. He is board certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases and holds special certification in HIV and AIDS.
- Jessica Thompson, PharmD.
- Thursday, May 20th, 2021: The Myth of Needing Intravenous Antibiotics to Cure Infections
- Thursday, June 17th, 2021: MRSA Screening to Reduce the Over Prescribing of Vancomycin
- Thursday, July 15th, 2021: Viruses and Vaccines
- Thursday, August 19th, 2021: COVID-19: Vaccination and Variants
- Thursday, September 16th, 2021: TBD
- Thursday, October 21st, 2021: School Mask Mandates and Childhood Vaccinations
- Thursday, November 18th, 2021: TBD
- Thursday, December 16th, 2021: TBD
If you would like to submit a case for discussion at this clinic please click on the link below to complete the form. After submitting the form download a copy to reference while presenting your case.
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation