Program currently on hiatus
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine approves this program for an additional 0.5 hour of AMA PRA Category I and Nursing continuing education credit for completing a case review form and presenting it during an ECHO clinic.
This clinic aims to:
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of palliative care providers in Nevada
- Assemble a forum of health care practitioners throughout the state of Nevada whom Project ECHO supports and prepares to deliver basic palliative care
- Raise the quality of life for Nevadans living with serious illness
- Establish a resource of expertise and education for a diverse health care audience on practices, resources and policy in palliative care
This clinic is led by:
- Jonathan McCaleb, MD, CMD, HMDC. Dr. McCaleb is a graduate of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, where he currently holds the faculty position Clinical Associate Professor of Family Medicine. He completed his residency and his fellowships in Family and Community Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Geriatric Medicine at UNRSOM. Dr. McCaleb is a physician for The Department of Veterans Affairs in the Reno VA's Community Living Center and is board certified in Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- Kelly Conright, MD, CMD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. She is an Associate Professor in Internal Medicine at the University of Nevada School of Medicine (UNSOM), is the Program Director for UNSOM's Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, and also serves as core faculty for the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship. She is a certified medical director, and has 20+ years' experience as a Medical Director for multiple community and VA based nursing homes.
- Jessica Cate, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP. Dr. Cate is a board certified geriatric pharmacist and pharmacotherapy specialist. She obtained her Bachelor degree from the University of Nevada, Reno and her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Touro College of Pharmacy. She completed a one year post-graduate general pharmacy practice residency, followed by a one year post-graduate specialized geriatric pharmacy residency at the VA Sierra Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHCS). She is currently a geriatric clinical pharmacy specialist at the VASNHCS and is core faculty for the VA Geriatric Pharmacy Residency.
- Kim Anderson is a Magna Cum Laude graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from Franklin University in Ohio. She is currently the Chief Strategy Officer for ProCare Hospice. Kim holds many board positions and volunteers as a champion for palliative care initiatives throughout Nevada. Kim has extensive expertise in policy, program development and administration of hospice and palliative programs in a variety of settings throughout the state of Nevada.
If you would like to submit a case for discussion at this clinic please click on the link below to complete the form. After submitting the form download a copy to reference while presenting your case.
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation