Youth Care Transitions
Cohort based program, register if interested | 12-1:30pm
This series will be held in partnership with the Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities with a focus on care transitions for adolescents and young adults. During this series, we will provide health professionals with education and training on how to successfully transition youth from pediatrics to the adult care system. Additionally, we will review how to create an organized clinical process in pediatric and adult practices to facilitate transition preparation, transfer of care, and integration into adult-centered care.
This clinic is led by:
- Margaret McManus, MHS. Co-Project Director Got Transition, a program of The National Alliance, President of the National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health
- Patience White, MD, MA, FAAP, MACP. Co-Project Director Got Transition, a program of The National Alliance
- Mario J. Gaspar de Alba, MD. Medical Director UNLV Medicine Ackerman Autism Center, Associate Professor of Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021: Orientation to Project ECHO
- Tuesday, June 29th, 2021: Coming Together: Create and Share a Consistent HCT Approach
- Tuesday, July 13th, 2021: Family Engagement in HCT-FV
- Tuesday, July 20th, 2021: Partnering with Young Adult/Family to Assess HCT Readiness & Plan for Needed HCT Skills, Knowledge, and Other Priorities Using a Plan of Care
- Tuesday, July 27th, 2021: Supported Decision making and Guardianship
- Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021: Finding an Adult Provider and Transfer to and Integration into Adult Health Care
If you would like to submit a case for discussion at this clinic please click on the link below to complete the form. After submitting the form download a copy to reference while presenting your case.
Youth Care Transitions Case Review Form
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation