Scholarly Activity by Fellows and Faculty
Below is a representation of recent scholarly activity that our fellows have accomplished. In addition to national conferences, QI projects, and ECHO presentations our fellows are invited to participate in many university and community programs, with a result of spreading geriatrics knowledge and expertise to the public at large.
2015 American Geriatric Society (AGS) Conference Poster Presentations:
- Serotonin Toxicity in Hospice; to Treat or not to Treat?
- Association between Vitamin D levels and Falls in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease
- You Left Me and Now I Won't Eat Anymore: An Unexpected Cause of Anorexia and Weight Loss
2016 AGS Conference Poster Presentations:
- Ocular Myasthenia Gravis in the Elder: "Eye Told You So!"
- Multi Domain Decline with Statins: A Zebra in the Grass?
2016 Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Faculty Affairs Conference Poster Presentation
- Fellowship as a Faculty Member - Opportunity for Career Renewal.
2016 American Medical Director Association Conference Poster Presentations:
- You Left Me Speechless: A Case of Valproic Acid Induced Aphasia
- The Struggle of Treating Orthostatic Hypotension with Supine Hypertension
2017 AGS Conference Poster Presentations:
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease - No Laughing Matter
- I Want to Go but I Can't - When a Urinary Catheter is a Nursing Home Sentence
- Valacyclovir - Trading Rash for Confusion?
2018 AGS Conference Poster Presentations:
- Geriatric Syndrome or Just a Great Pretender
- Giant Rocks and Marching Music - Charles Bonnet Syndrome
- Optimization of Care of Patients with Chronic Indwelling Catheters
- Culture Change to Improve Community Living Center Veterans' Dining Experience
- Development of an Acute Care for the Elderly Unit at a Community Based Hospital in Reno, NV
- Interdisciplinary Team redesign
- Diagnosis of Malnutrition using the 2012 ASPEN/AND Consensus Statement for CLC Veterans
- Resident Teaching Improvement
- CLC Partners against Pain
- Noise Reduction in the CLC
- Eat Well, Be Well: Addressing Malnutrition of the Older Adult
- Aspiration Pneumonia in Older Adults
- Dizziness in Older Adults
- Insomnia in Geriatrics
- Tai Chi for Fall Prevention in Geriatrics