International Undergraduate Research Program

After your social security card arrives in the mail you will need to make an appointment with UNR's Nonresident Alien Tax Specialist. You will be contacted by the NRAT ( to make an appointment to ensure your taxes are filled out correctly.

More information can be found on the UNR NRAT webpage.

OISS will provide information and workshops on federal taxes. You will be required to file tax returns for both the 2023 tax year and the 2024 tax year. More information on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and tax preparation can be found on OISS' webpage.