Info Sessions and Resources
Submit questions and receive invitations to upcoming events.
UNR Med 360 Resource Guide
UNR Med Office of Admissions has compiled the following resources for students to use to be successful on their path to medicine. These resources are organized by source (University of Nevada, Reno vs. National) and type of resource (On-Campus, Pre-Med Clubs/Organizations, Online, Podcast/Video/Forum).
Resources for Future Doctors
- Meet with your pre-professional advisor and develop a schedule that will enable you to complete all prerequisites required to apply to medical school
- Actively use the AAMC Preparing for Medical School website
- Meet with an academic advisor at your college or university to create a plan to meet course requirements for your Bachelor's degree
- Create a study plan to prepare for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- Engage in experiences that refine and develop the personal and professional competencies valued by medical school admission committees.
- Take the Anatomy of an Applicant self-assessment and use this information as a guide on your pathway to medicine.
- Become famliliar with each school's various requirements, prerequisites, deadlines and selection criteria before submitting your application.
- Seek any and all opportunities for exposure, including virtual shadowing, to the practice of medicine to determine if a career in health care is the pathway for you.
- Work to develop a sound understanding of the responsibilities, challenges, and rewards that come with being a physician
- Attend information sessions and application workshops hosted by the pre-professional advisors and UNR Med. You'll receive guidance and direction on navigating the medical school application process and information about selection criteria.
- Review the costs of applying to medical school and create a budget.
- Follow UNR Med Admissions on Instagram