Early Decision Program
Early decision applicants can only apply to the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. If selected for admission under this program, applicants cannot apply to other medical schools and must matriculate at the School of Medicine. This program is open to residents and out-of-state applicants.
Criteria for application
The following are the minimum expectations for applying to Early Decision and do not guarantee acceptance. The successful applicant will exceed most of these criteria and will have had other non-academic life experiences such as community services, broad exposure to medicine and patients, foreign language proficiencies, or artistic accomplishments, for example.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.5 average grade point
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 9.5 average MCAT taken prior to 2015
- Applicants must have a minimum score above the 70th percentile or have a minimum score of 506 on the 2015 or later MCAT
- Graduate from undergraduate school by time of medical school matriculation.
- Complete a broad-based curriculum in college course work, demonstrating excellence in natural sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who have had exposure to life experiences beyond their academic training, such as community service and work experience.
- Be a first time applicant to the School of Medicine.
- Applicants must apply between June 1 and August 1 of the year prior to matriculation.
- MCAT scores must be received by the School of Medicine by August 1 of the year prior to matriculation.
- Applicants must provide the school with all requested supplementary (Secondary Application) information no later than September 4.
- Interviews must be completed no later than September 25.
- Committee will notify applicants of a decision by October 1.
- Applicants must reply with a decision to attend within two weeks of receipt of their acceptance.