UNR Med 360 Resource Guide
Access pre-med resources in one convenience location to help you prepare for medical school and the admissions process.
Resources for Future Doctors
- Follow @UNRMedFutureDoctors on Instagram
- Meet with your pre-professional advisor and develop a schedule that will enable you to complete all prerequisites required to apply to medical school
- Actively use the AAMC Preparing for Medical School website
- Meet with an academic advisor at your college or university to create a plan to meet course requirements for your Bachelor's degree
- Create a study plan to prepare for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- Engage in experiences that refine and develop the personal and professional competencies valued by medical school admission committees.
- Take the Anatomy of an Applicant self-assessment and use this information as a guide on your pathway to medicine.
- Become famliliar with each school's various requirements, prerequisites, deadlines and selection criteria before submitting your application.
- Seek any and all opportunities for exposure, including virtual shadowing, to the practice of medicine to determine if a career in health care is the pathway for you.
- Work to develop a sound understanding of the responsibilities, challenges, and rewards that come with being a physician
- Attend information sessions and application workshops hosted by the pre-professional advisors and UNR Med. You'll receive guidance and direction on navigating the medical school application process and information about selection criteria.
- Review the costs of applying to medical school and create a budget.