MD Regular Pool: October 1
Early Decision: August 1
- Upon receipt of a verified AMCAS application, candidates will receive an invitation to log in to the UNR Med admissions portal and submit a Secondary Application via email.
- You will have one week to complete the secondary application.
- If you are selected for a medical school interview, you will notified by email.
- Interviews are conducted from August until January.
- UNR Med uses a multi-mini interview process which includes nine, seven-minute interview scenarios that assess professional competencies and fit with UNR Med’s vision, mission and values.
- Applications are reviewed between December and March.
- Decision notifications are sent via email on or near the 15th of the month in December, January, February and March.
- In general, 90% of students offered admission are Nevada residents or applicants who can demonstrate significant connections to the state.
- If you are selected as an alternate, you will be given a date to accept or decline your waitlist seat. If you accept a seat on the waitlist, you will generally receive final decisions between April 15 and July 15.
Acceptance Protocols and Deferral Requests
If you are offered admission, you agree to:
- Follow procedures and deadlines related to accepting your seat.
- Provide immediate notification if you choose to decline your offer.
- Maintain an updated status in the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool.
Requests to defer admission must be received by May 15 of the year you will matriculate. Approvals to defer are made on a case-by-case basis and in general, are approved for one (1) year for research, graduate studies, or service programs.
For additional information about application requirements or policies, please contact email@example.com