All applicants to the medical school for admission in the fall of 2020, including the MD, BS-BD and Post-Bac programs, are required to complete the CASPer online assessment by September 26, 2019.
The results of the CASPer will not be a factor in the selection process during the 2019-2020 admission review cycle but your test scores are required and will be used as UNR Med continues to refine our use of holistic admission review process.
CASPer Test Registration Instructions
- Start by going to the takeCASPer website
- Select 2019-2020 Admissions Cycle
- Sign up for the American Professional Health Sciences test (CSP10101)
- Reserve a test using your AMCAS identification.
- Choose a test date between May 14 and September 26, 2019. The last test date accepted by UNR Med applicants is: September 26, 2019, 8pm.
- CASPer test results are valid for one admissions cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years will be expected to re-take it.
Please Note: In order to take CASPer, you will be responsible for securing access to a computer with audio capabilities, a webcam, and a reliable internet connection on your selected test date.
The CASPer test is comprised of 12 sections of video and written scenarios that facilitate the assessment of non-cognitive skills and interpersonal skills. Following each scenario, you will be required to answer a set of probing questions under a time contract.
The test typically takes between 75-90 minutes to complete. Each response is graded by a different rater, giving a very robust and reliable view of personal and professional characteristics important to our program. No studying is required for CASPer, although you may want to familiarize yourself with the test structure on the takeCASPer website, and ensure you have a quiet
environment to take the test.