- 2005: B.S. Biology, Graduation with Honor and Distinction, Ohio State University
- 2009: Doctor of Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Nevada Family Medicine Residency, Reno (Chief Resident 2011)
Dr. Wright completed medical school and family medicine residency training at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, serving as Chief Resident during her last year of training. Subsequently she became a faculty member in the Department of Family & Community Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. Dr. Wright is currently researching childhood obesity prevention and management as well as developing an international elective for the family medicine residents. She participates in the Student Outreach Clinic, supervising students as they provide healthcare to local uninsured patient.
Academic and Professional Honors
- The Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award 2011
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Family Medicine Chief Resident 2011-2012
Dr. Wright was born in Columbus, Ohio where she completed her kindergarten through undergraduate education, graduating from The Ohio State University. Her husband, Matt, is a mechanical engineer and facility manager. They have a calico cat named Scout. Dr. Wright enjoys watching Ohio State Buckeyes football, traveling abroad, reading, and snowboarding. She is active with local charity organizations such as the Active 20-30 club and participates in the Nevada Diabetes Association camps held for children with Type 1 or "juvenile" diabetes as well as the annual Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to Cure Diabetes.