Nursing Home Office Hours
Upcoming Nursing Home COVID-19 Sessions
Academic Lectures and SeminarsNursing Home COVID-19 Extension April 03
Academic Lectures and SeminarsNursing Home COVID-19 Extension May 01
Academic Lectures and SeminarsNursing Home COVID-19 Extension June 05
Academic Lectures and SeminarsNursing Home COVID-19 Extension July 03
1st Mondays of each month | 2–3 pm
Project ECHO Nevada is pleased to announce this new series to assist nursing facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will be a continuation of our program which utilized curriculum developed by Institute for Health Care Improvement which has been specifically tailored for nursing homes in the U.S. Sessions will connect nursing homes with medical and administrative experts throughout Nevada who will provide support for system, clinical, and administrative questions on an ongoing basis.
Nursing Home COVID-19 Case Review Form
Goals for this program include;
- Keep SARS-COV-2 from entering nursing homes where it has not already entered.
- Early identification of residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
- Prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 between staff, residents and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of SARS-COV-2.
- Ensure staff have the knowledge, skills and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families and staff during these difficult times.
- Julie Liebo, Administrator, College Park Rehab
- Theresa Watts, PhD, MPH, RN, CPH, Nursing Home Infection Prevention Expert
- Steven Phillips, MD, Nursing Home Medical Director
Program didactic and reference materials will be sent to participants after each session. For questions regarding these materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is a provider of continuing education credit through the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy. This program is approved for 1 hours of continuing education credit for pharmacists.