Stimulant Use Disorder
Upcoming Stimulant Use Disorder
Academic Lectures and SeminarsStimulant Use Disorder July 19
Academic Lectures and SeminarsStimulant Use Disorder August 02
Academic Lectures and SeminarsStimulant Use Disorder August 16
Academic Lectures and SeminarsStimulant Use Disorder August 30
Cohort based program | 12-1pm
This program aims to support healthcare and mental health providers, staff, and administrators with stimulant use disorder patient care. Sessions will be facilitated with a team from Northern Nevada HOPES and will provide a forum to discuss patient cases, address questions/concerns, and collaborate regarding stimulant use disorder therapy.
- Session #1: Orientation to Stimulant Use Disorder
- Session #2: Neurobiology of Stimulant Use Disorders
- Session #3: Medications Used in Stimulant Disorders
- Session #4: Resources in Nevada
- Session #5: Special Populations – How to Have the Conversation
- Session #6: Flex Topic (to be determined by audience)
Stimulant Use Disorder Case Review Form
- Mark Broadhead, M.D. Dr. Broadhead received his medical degree from University of Nevada School of Medicine in 1986 and has been in practice for more than 30 years.
- Danica Pierce, MSW, LCSW. Danica is a native Nevadan, born and raised in the Reno-Sparks area. She received her bachelor's degree in Human Development and Family Studies and her Master's in Social Work from the University of Nevada, Reno. Danica is a licensed clinical social worker. She specializes in treating people who struggle with co-occurring mental health and substance-use disorders. She is the Program Coordinator for the Medication Assisted Treatment (MATx) Program at Northern Nevada HOPES.
- Kim Nischik, MS, PA-C. Kim received her Master's degree in physician assistant studies at Pacific University in OR. She works at Northern NV Hopes for the MAT program and also works as a primary care provider in adult medicine.
- Sarah Barr, PhD, CPC, CADC, ACS. Dr. Barr currently the MAT Program Coordinator and Northern Nevada Hopes. She has been working in the mental health and substance abuse counseling field for approximately 15 years, both in the Las Vegas and Reno areas. She also teaches the introductory courses in Substance Abuse Counseling at the local community college.
- Taylor Tomlinson, MD. Dr. Tomlinson received her medical degree from the University of Nevada and is board certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. She provides primary care for all ages and and is on the MAT team at Northern Nevada HOPES.
- Cheryl Nixon, Peer Support Specialist. Cheryl Nixon has been a Peer Support Specialist since 2018. Cheryl is a person in recovery that loves giving back to the recovery community. During this time Cheryl has worked alongside Washoe County Crossroads Women and Children program. In 2020 Cheryl became Certified by the state of NV as a CPRSS lic # PRSS-5063 and currently is work at Northern NV Hopes as a Peer in the MAT clinic.
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at Projectecho@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is a provider of continuing education credit through the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy. This program is approved for 1 hours of continuing education credit for pharmacists.