FY22 Faculty Development Funding Program
The UNR Med Faculty Development Funding Program was conceived and implemented under the leadership of Dean Thomas L. Schwenk in order to provide research and professional development funding opportunities to all academic and administrative faculty members with an FTE of 0.5 or greater, through a competitive, online application process. Now in its 11th year of funding, we are pleased to notify you of the opening of the FY22 cycle.
Faculty Development Funding awards may support expenses including, but not limited to: registration and travel expenses to conferences, professional meetings, and workshops; support for collaborative projects with peer institutions; pilot research projects; clinical and teaching skills development; and projects yet to be imagined!
FY22 PROGRAM CYCLE
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis during the following open periods:
- Applications may be submitted between August 16, 2021 and May 1, 2022
- Award Application
- Funding proposals will be considered for academic and administrative faculty members with FTE 0.5 or greater.
- Chairs/Directors must support the proposal and provide an electronic letter of support for upload when completing the online form. Letters of support must include the amount of committed matching funds; if matching funds are not available, please note this.
- Online proposals should include a brief statement anticipating how the proposed activity will contribute to career development, as well as contributions to the school/institution.
- NEW: Award recipients will be expected to provide a one-page summary, post-project, describing the value the award contributed to your professional development, and the value contributed to UNR Med.
- Did the project go as expected?
- Were there unintended or unexpected outcomes or benefits?
- Would you recommend others follow this approach to career development?
- Award recipients may be asked to create and provide a poster for a celebratory event in the future.
- Prepare a detailed project budget for inclusion in the online proposal.
- Provide the name of an administrative assistant who will be responsible for providing a spreadsheet of expenses (attached), and work with Debra Glogovac to ensure proper use of funds.
- If salaries are requested, the awardee’s administrative assistant will be responsible for all timely, salary-related transactions in Workday; chair’s must specifically approve this type of request in their letter of support.
- Expenses may not exceed awarded funds; overages must be reimbursed if this occurs.
- Please note that funds may only be requested for events/projects occurring in the same fiscal year as received; funding for events occurring after June 1, 2022 must come from other sources.
- Individual annual subscriptions and hosting charges are not permissible expenses.
The Faculty Development Funding Committee (FDF) manages the review of submitted proposals and awarded funds. Potential applicants are encouraged to contact committee members to determine if their ideas are appropriate for the program. For educational or research proposals, contact Kevin Facemyer, PhD; for administrative faculty proposals, and budget related questions, contact Debra Glogovac.
This program adheres to processes and reporting structures in order to provide maximum opportunity to the greatest number of faculty members. Failure to comply with criteria may result in forfeited funds.
Additional funding opportunities through UNR
The Office of Research & Innovation offers internal funding awards to academic faculty members who hold a 50% FTE within UNR. Travel grants are competitively awarded to academic faculty members who are planning to travel to present scholarly work as a senior author or specifically traveling to interact with a funding sponsor for the purpose of enhancing funding potential. Please take advantage of these additional funding opportunities.
For more information or assistance in locating resources, please contact Debra Glogovac in the Office for Faculty.