Before applying, please confirm that you can meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 90 semester credits at an accredited U.S. postsecondary institution prior to application.
- Complete six (6) credits in upper-division science courses within three years of your application year. These courses may not be taken online and the following courses do not meet this requirement: Special Topics, Research, Advanced Mentored Research, Survey Courses, or Dissection Team. If you apply in 2020, six upper-division science credits must be completed in 2017 or more recently. Exceptions will be granted to online limitations for courses was moved online due to COVID-19.
- Demonstrate written and verbal competency in English composition and complete all English composition requirements at your undergraduate institution.
Applicants must meet all of the following course/credit prerequisites at the time of application, or provide a plan to complete all courses/credits prior to August 1 of the year of matriculation into medical school. To inquire about whether a specific course meets a requirement, please send the course name, number, and a link or copy of the courses description to email@example.com.
- Biology: 15 credits including 2 credits Biology lab and 6 credits of upper division. Labs may not be taken online. Upper-division courses cannot be taken online and may not be Special Topics, Research, Advanced Mentored Research, Survey Courses, or Dissection Team courses. Exceptions will be granted to online limitations for courses moved online due to Covid-19.
- Chemistry: 8 credits, including a minimum of 2 credits of lab
- Organic Chemistry: 8 credits, including a minimum of 2 credits of lab
- Physics: 8 credits, including a minimum of 2 credits of lab.
- Biochemistry: 3 credits
- General or Abnormal Psychology: 3 credits
Supplemental courses and content strongly recommended in preparation for medical school and admission include: Microbiology, Genetics, Calculus, Statistics, Immunology.
Also advised is a solid base in the humanities and social sciences, which may include courses in a wide range of subjects such as history, literature, philosophy, ethics, or computer science.
Please note the following regarding prerequisites course/credit requirements:
- All listed credit requirements are in semester hours. To convert quarter credits to semester credits, use the AMCAS Grade Conversion Guide.
- All courses used to meet prerequisites must have a letter grade of "C-" or above. Exceptions may be available if your course was moved to pass/fail due to COVID-19.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits accepted by your undergraduate institution and listed on an official undergraduate transcript may be used to satisfy lower-division prerequisites, excluding labs.
- Lower division (100-200 level) prerequisite courses can be taken at any accredited college or university, including community or junior colleges. A maximum of six (6) lower division (100-200 level) prerequisite courses may be taken online. Labs may not be taken online. Exceptions to online restrictions may be available if a course was moved online due to Covid-19.
- All courses used to meet prerequisites must have been completed at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution.
- The following are not eligible and will not meet prerequisite credit requirements:
- Correspondence or CLEP (college-level exam programs-test out)
- Pass/fail or audit in lieu of a letter grade
- Upper division (300-400 level) online courses. Exceptions may be available if a course was moved to online due to Covid-19.
- Professional school courses