Inclusive Medicine Series
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion hosts an annual event, aimed at creating a larger conversation of diversity and inclusion issues facing the community and campus. In 2017, we hosted Dr. Grace Dammann for a showing of the documentary film "States of Grace." The documentary profiled the life and work of Dr. Dammann, a pioneering physician caring for patients during the HIV epidemic in San Francisco in the 1980s. The film followed her path to recovery, after a car accident, including the role of her family, and her own professional transformation to directing a pain management clinic in the same hospital she had worked before. The documentary and discussion with Dr. Dammann aided in raising awareness among medical students, residents, and physicians, of the impact of disability on an individual, their family, and their career.
Day: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Time: 1:30-3 p.m.
Location: PHS 103
For questions, please contact Jennifer Dougherty, Ed.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Office for Diversity and Inclusion proudly presents the seventh annual Inclusive Medicine Series.
Inclusive Medicine Series: Are We Missing an Upstream Driver of Health? Addressing Racism in Medical Education featuring Priya Garg, M.D.; Associate Dean of Medical Education at Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM).
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Reception: 5-5:45 p.m. in William N. Pennington Health Science Building Foyer
- Presentation: 6-7:30 p.m. in William N. Pennington Health Science Building, Room 102 & 103
- Approved for 1 AMA and Ethics CME credits
- Please register by Wednesday March 1, 2023
- Parking and direction information
- For questions, please contact Jennifer E. Dougherty, Ed.D. at email@example.com
Inclusive Med Series 2021
- MeToo Comes to Medicine: Transforming the Culture to Promote Gender Equity
- Reshma Jagsi, M.D., D.Phil.
- To request this presentation and materials please email firstname.lastname@example.org.