Nursing Home COVID-19
1st and 3rd Mondays of each month | 2–3:30 pm
Project ECHO Nevada is pleased to announce this new series to assist nursing facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. This 16 week program will utilize curriculum developed by Institute for Health Care Improvement which has been specifically tailored for nursing homes in the U.S. Sessions will connect nursing homes with medical and administrative experts throughout Nevada who will provide support for system, clinical, and administrative questions on an ongoing basis.
Goals for this program include;
- Keep SARS-COV-2 from entering nursing homes where it has not already entered.
- Early identification of residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
- Prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 between staff, residents, and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of SARS-COV-2.
- Ensure staff have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families, and staff during these difficult times.
Financial compensation is available for completion of 13 out of 16 weekly sessions.
Meet our team:
- Mordechai Lavi, MD, Geriatrician, Project ECHO Nevada Medical Director
- Mark Pandori, PhD, Nevada State Public Health Lab Director, Testing and Public Health Expert
- Theresa Watts, PhD, MPH, RN, CPH, Nursing Home Infection Prevention Expert
- Steven Matles, M.A., Emergency Management, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, Biomedical CommunicationsEnvironmental Health and Safety Officer
- Steven Phillips, MD, Nursing Home Medical Director
- Regina Neal, Quality Improvement Coach
If you would like to submit a case for discussion at this clinic please click on the link below to complete the form. After submitting the form download a copy to reference while presenting your case.
Program didactic and reference materials will be sent to participants after each session. For questions regarding these materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation