Cohort based program | 12-1pm
Register if interested
In this clinic, we will explore various areas of cardiovascular health. Each session will include a didactic presentation that will spotlight an aspect of cardiovascular disease with topics including atrial fibrillation, hypertension, statin therapy, and more. This clinic also provides a forum for providers to share challenging patient cases with colleagues and an expert in the field.
- Session #1: Orientation and Introduction
- Session #2: Hypertension
- Session #3: Shortness of Breathe Work-up Leading to Stress Testing
- Session #4: Stress Test Results and Management of Stable Angina
- Session #5: Cholesterol Management: The Numbers, the Diseases, and the Newer Agents
- Session #6: What to do with Echo Findings: Pulmonary Hypertension and Valve Disease
- Session #7: Atrial Fibrillation Management; Rate/Rhythm Control, Anticoagulation
- Lorrel Brown Toft, M.D. Dr. Toft, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and is a practicing clinical cardiologist at Carson-Tahoe Medical Center. She is a graduate of the University of California, Irvine with a BS in Biology (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and received her M.D. from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 2007 (Alpha Omega Alpha). She completed her internal medicine residency training at Johns Hopkins in 2010 and was selected to serve as Assistant Chief of Service/chief resident. She then completed her cardiology fellowship training at Johns Hopkins and joined the faculty at the University of Louisville in 2014.
- Karen Thiele, M.D. Dr. Thiele is an Assistant Professor of Department of Family and Community Medicine. She completed her residency in Family and Community Medicine from University of Nevada, Reno in 2019. She enjoys the broad scope of practice of a family doctor and has patients that encompass all ages and stages of life including obstetrics. Her special interests include primary care of the LGBT+ community, providing cross gender hormone therapy for gender diverse patients, women's reproductive health, PrEP, and wilderness medicine.
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is a provider of continuing education credit through the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy. This program is approved for 1 hours of continuing education credit for pharmacists.