Diabetes in Primary Care
Upcoming Diabetes in Primary Care Sessions
Academic Lectures and SeminarsDiabetes in Primary Care April 20
Academic Lectures and SeminarsDiabetes in Primary Care May 18
Academic Lectures and SeminarsDiabetes in Primary Care June 15
Academic Lectures and SeminarsDiabetes in Primary Care July 20
Third Thursday of each month | 12–1 pm
The Diabetes in Primary Care ECHO focuses on supporting primary care providers in the State of Nevada with evidence based best practices when managing diabetes in their patient population.
Our objectives are:
- Empower primary care providers to implement Standards of Care for people living with diabetes.
- Collaborate and discuss diabetes cases to enhance diabetes management for the primary care provider.
- Reduce provider isolation in managing diabetes in outpatient and inpatient settings.
Diabets in Primary Care Case Review Form
- Karmella Thomas, RD, CDE. Karmella trained at the University of Nevada, Reno, in both biology and nutrition. She has a certificate of Specialized Training in Adult Weight Management from the American Dietetic Association She also earned the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) credential in June 2012.
- Heather Townsend, PharmD, BCCCP, BCPS
- Shruti Basho, MD, Family Medicine
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation