Diabetes in Primary Care
Upcoming Diabetes in Primary Care sessions
Academic Lectures and SeminarsDiabetes in Primary Care October 19
Third Thursday of each month | 12–1 p.m.
The Diabetes in Primary Care ECHO focuses on supporting primary care providers in the State of Nevada with evidence-based best practices when managing diabetes in their patient population.
Our objectives are:
- Empower primary care providers to implement Standards of Care for people living with diabetes.
- Collaborate and discuss diabetes cases to enhance diabetes management for the primary care provider.
- Reduce provider isolation in managing diabetes in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Karmella Thomas, RD, CDE. Karmella trained at the University of Nevada, Reno, in both biology and nutrition. She has a certificate of Specialized Training in Adult Weight Management from the American Dietetic Association She also earned the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) credential in June 2012.
- Heather Townsend, PharmD, BCCCP, BCPS
- Shruti Basho, MD, Family Medicine
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation