First and Third Wednesdays of each month | 8–9 am
This clinic is a forum guided by a Pain Management Physician, a Pain Management Psychologist, and a Mental Health and Addiction Specialist. The clinic offers an opportunity to present and discuss patients in your clinic with pain. Learn how to assess and manage your patients with pain through a variety of non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic modalities. Learn best practice approaches to minimizing the risk of addiction.
This clinic is led by:
- Michael J. Lewandowski, Ph.D. Dr. Lewandowski is a licensed psychologist in the State of Nevada, President of Pain Assessment Resources, and Director of Behavioral Medicine Consultants Inc. He has extensive training and experience in the application of psychological principles to problems in medicine, specifically chronic pain. His 31-years of clinical experience include his internship at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Reno Nevada and work in two CARF accredited pain management programs in northern Nevada. His pain management practice covers both Reno and Carson City.
- Denis Patterson, D.O. Dr. Patterson is Board Certified in Pain Medicine as well as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He is a specialist in common and complex neurological disorders and musculoskeletal issues and is an expert in electrodiagnostics (nerve conduction studies and electromyography) which aid in the diagnosis of nerve disorders. He has been seeing and treating patients at Nevada Advanced Pain Specialists, an industry leader in pain management.
- Paul Snyder, MA, LADCS, CPCI. Paul specializes in treating mental health and substance use disorders. Paul has worked in the Hazelden-Betty Ford Health Care Professional Track as well as Residential, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient treatment. Paul created and supervised a woman's treatment program, writes a monthly health care column with a readership of 65,000, is a speaker/educator throughout the state of Nevada, has a local practice and is the primary counselor for substance use disorders for the Three Nation's Tribal Health Center.
- May 5th, 2021: Migraine
- May 19th, 2021: Intro to Aging and Pain
- June 2nd, 2021: Hot Topics in Paian Management - Part 1
- June 16th, 2021: Hot Topics in Paian Management - Part 2
- July 7th, 2021: Healing the Pandemic - The Intersection of Mental Health and Pain - Part 1
- July 21st, 2021: Healing the Pandemic - The Intersection of Mental Health and Pain - Part 2
- August 4th, 2021: Muscle Relaxants: Misnomer?
- August 18th, 2021: Recent Advancements in the Treatment of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- September 1st, 2021: TBD
- September 15th, 2021: TBD
- October 6th, 2021: TBD
- October 20th, 2021: TBD
- November 3rd, 2021: TBD
- November 17th, 2021: TBD
- December 1st, 2021: TBD
- December 15th, 2021: TBD
If you would like to submit a case for discussion at this clinic please click on the link below to complete the form. After submitting the form download a copy to reference while presenting your case.
To request copies of didactics and reference materials, please contact us at ProjectECHO@med.unr.edu
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation