Immunizations and Health Screening Requirements Policy
(ARC-PA Standard A3.07)
Effective Date: 7/1/2017
Immunizations are an important part of PA student requirements, to protect the health of the patient and to maintain her/his own wellness. PA students must complete of series of immunizations set forth by the guidelines of the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC). Keeping immunization records up to date are an important part of the professionalism required of all students at the school. Compliance with all immunization and health screening requirements will be documented in the student files.
Prior to matriculation, all PA students must complete the immunizations set forth by AAMC: https://www.aamc.org/download/440110/data/immunizationform.pdf with documentation by June 1 of the year of matriculation. This includes the following immunizations:
- MMR series or titer (students born in 1957 or later must receive two doses of MMR)
- Hep B Series (series of 3)
- Hep B surface antibody with positive quantitative titer & numeric value
- Tdap - within the last 10 years
- TB - Negative QuantiFERON
- Varicella - Positive titer or two vaccines
- Influenza Shot
Failure to provide required immunization records may result in blocked enrollment, financial aid, and/or matriculation.
Additional recommended immunizations:
- Meningococcal -Those who are routinely exposed to isolates of N. meningitidis should get one dose.
- Influenza Shot (annually)
- QuantiFERON* (TB Test - annually)
- Healthcare facilities may have additional requirements.