- 2018 - present: Assoc. Prof. Research, Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2011 - 2018: Director of Research, Nevada Center for Biomedical Research, Reno
- 2006 - 2019: Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Pathology, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2011 - 2019: Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2014 - 2016: Investigator, VA Sierra Nevada Healthcare System, Reno NV
- 2007 - 2011: Postdoctoral Researcher, Nevada Center for Biomedical Research, Reno
- 2004 - 2006: Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, Redlabs, USA, Reno
Currently in our laboratory, have are working on the following projects:
- Understanding the contributions of secretory IgA to the composition of the gut microbiota in Alzheimer’s disease and myalgic encephalomyelitis.
- Evaluating the Janus kinase (JAK) activation profile in lymphocyte populations of subjects with myalgic encephalomyelitis.
- Investigating the role of Aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonists in neuroimmune disease.
- Inhibition of GI-associated plasmacytoid dendritic cells and their production of endogenous retroviral proteins.
Current lab members
- Vincent C. Lombardi
- Katherine Gabrie
Past lab members
- Shanti Rawat
- Sarah Saxe
- Peter Asimenios
- Griffen Kutler-Dodd
- Krishnamurthy Subramanian
- 2001 - 2007: Ph.D., Biochemistry, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1990 - 1995: B.A., Science, Sierra Nevada College, Incline Village, NV