Suicide Prevention and Awareness
Suicide can be prevented. Whether you are thinking about suicide or are worried about a colleague/friend during residency there are resources available.
Get help immediately if you or someone you know is experiencing any of these behaviors/feelings:
- Talking about or wanting to die or wanting to die
- Feeling of hopelessness
- Feeling like a burden
- Talking about having no reason to live
- Feeling trapped
- Social isolation and withdrawal
- Withdrawal from their usual activities/hobbies
- Giving away personal items and saying goodbye to friends and family
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Increased use of alcohol or drugs
- Relief/Sudden improvement in mood
In any emergency involving physical harm or a threat to a life, please call 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) or contact the Reno Police Department Dispatch at 334-COPS (2677) immediately.
Available 24/7. Free and Confidential: