Vision and Mission Statements
The University of Nevada, Reno office of Graduate Medical Education is committed to being the facilitator for growth and access to healthcare for the people of northern Nevada. It is our mission to contribute to the economic, social and environmental well-being of all Nevadans' by providing high quality graduate medical education training programs that provide our residents and fellows the opportunity to become fully proficient in their chosen specialties through education, research and patient centered care.
To develop and support quality residency programs by bringing innovative solutions and standardized systems to both University of Nevada, Reno and Community faculty.
Establish strategic partnerships with community members to determine and mitigate healthcare access across northern Nevada.
To provide a collegial working environment focused on education, wellness and professionalism to all our residents so they will become lifelong learners.
- Excellence: We will work towards creating a balance between education and service for our residents/fellows.
- Compassion: We will provide an environment of wellness for our residents and physicians through education and understanding thereby leading to a positive and healing environment for our patients.
- Diversity: We encourage diversity in people, thought, experiences and perspectives.
- Integrity: The Graduate Medical Education office along with its residents and faculty share a commitment to act in an ethical, honest and responsible manner.
- Respect: We will work collaboratively with our hospital affiliates to improve the delivery of patient care as we serve the population of northern Nevada.