Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
USMLE Data UNR Med 2013 - 2019 U.S. Allopathic Seniors (2018) Step Matched Step Matched Unmatched Step 1 Mean N/A Step 1 Mean 225 215 Step 2 Mean N/A Step 2 Mean 233 229
PRECENTILE DISTRIBUTION FOR ALL MATCHED SENIORS (2016-2018)
PRECENTILE DISTRIBUTION FOR ALL MATCHED SENIORS (2016-2018) Criteria UNR Med 25th 50th 75th # Matched Seniors <3 2 4 7 % of Class <3 0.6 1.1 1.6 Mean # of programs on rank order list <3 12.8 15.3 17.1 Mean # of programs ranked in specialty <3 6.7 8 9.5 Mean # of research experiences <3 2 2.6 3.5 Mean Step 1 Score NA 216.2 222.8 228.2 Mean Step 2 Score NA 230 235.5 241.1
Charting Outcomes of the Match | (3rd Party Document Download)
Outcomes of the 2019 Match
Outcomes of the 2019 Match Year # Programs # Positions Offered # Unfilled Programs # U.S. Senior Applicants # Total Applicants % Filled US Seniors % Filled Total PGY-1 37 138 0 247 538 50.00% 100.00% PGY-2 65 308 3 254 593 49.00% 99.00%
Does Step 2 score influence rank?
Should Applicants Do Away Rotations?
UNR Med Away Rotation Placements 2013-2019
- University of Utah
- Alfred Dupont Children's Hospital Delaware
- University of maryland School of Medicine
- Research/scholarship is not required but can add strength to your overall application.
- Research will be more helpful if applying to academic programs.
- Volunteering can be another opportunity to strengthen your application if it is related to PM&R.
- Experiences that have informed your decision
- What you plan to do with your training?
- Experiences that have informed your decision and relay enthusiasm for the specialty
- Discuss interests and career plans
Letters of Recommendation
- At least one from PM&R faculty
- Consider clerkship directors, other supervisory faculty
- Letters should be written by faculty who have observed your clinical performance and can speak of a positive experience
- Programs begin reviewing applicants in September - October
- Programs begin offering Interviews September - November
- Some programs begin interviewing October - November
- You can expect interviews through January
- Online Resources
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education- MN