- Research is a priority at competitive and academic programs.
- Doesn’t have to be radiology research – case reports, educational
- According to the NRMP successful applicants had an average of 3.2 research experiences and 4.8 abstracts/presentations.
- Be prepared to talk about your research during an interview.
- Experiences that have informed your decision
- Dedication to lifelong learning and commitment to the specialty
- What you plan to do with your training?
Letters of Recommendation
- Three (3) letters are required but you can plan on 4 to be safe.
- Two from core clerkships
- One from within the specialty, preferably from an academic rotation.
- A 4th letter from significant research experience may be helpful for more competitive programs.
Programs begin reviewing applicants October
Programs begin offering Interviews in October
December and January are the busiest months